PERSONAL DATA (PRIVACY) POLICY STATEMENT ("STATEMENT")
Collection policy and objectives
We, SATAMI INTERNATIONAL LIMITED, pledge to meet fully with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Chapter 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong. In doing so, we will ensure compliance by our staff to the strictest standards of security and confidentiality
Please note that the provisions herein may be updated, revised, varied and amended from time to time as we deem necessary. Your continued use of the Website following such revision shall be deemed as your acceptance of the amended Statement. It is your responsibility to check the Statement regularly for any amendments.
We may hold and retain information about you for the legitimate purposes of promoting our business, if you request information about our services or indicate that you have an interest in receiving communications on our topics, respond to invitations to events, or comment on our blogs or social networks. Based on your choices and behaviour, we may also identify further products, services, topics and events about which you may wish to know more. We may also analyse your usage of our websites and other online services in order to improve your experience and our offering.
We retain personal information for the functioning of our business and its operations, to fulfill our legal and regulatory obligations, to handle complaints, to monitor our business and compile statistical data for analysis or to facilitate a sale or other transaction involving all or any portion of the business associated with us.
The Statement is written in both English and Chinese. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the English and Chinese version of the Statement, the English version shall prevail.
Collection and use of personal data
In the course of using the Website, you may disclose or be asked to provide personal information and data. In order to have the benefit of and enjoy our various services, information and promotional materials, it is necessary for us to collect some personal particulars from you. Although you are not obliged to provide the correct data or information as requested on the Website, we will not be able to render our services and provide information and promotional materials to you in the event that you fail to do so.
Our purposes for collection of the information and data on the Website include but not limited to the following:
- to provide you with various services offered by us, online shopping, marketing materials, event information and promotional messages (such as mailings);
- to handle and follow up service calls, enquiries and complaints;
- to contact you regarding administrative notices and communications relevant to your use of the Website and/or the services offered by us;
- to verify your identity;
- to obtain statistics about our users to analyze site usage in order to help its further development;
- to evaluate the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing campaigns; and
- we intend to use your email address for Direct Marketing our products and services; and
- to assist us in fraud and crime prevention.
We will collect your personal information when you:
- purchase any product from us in our satami online shop, by phone, online, or through salespersons properly authorized by us;
- entered into a sales with us for any product provided by us;
- accept any ervices provided by us;
- enquire information about a product or service from us;
- contact us with an enquiry or complaint;
- enter any promotions, competitions, prize draws arranged by us or on behalf of us;
- take part in market research arranged by or on behalf of us ; or
- visit or browse our websites.
We may also collect information about you from other organizations including general business directories and credit information or reference bureau necessary to establish and support the payment of any services being requested by you.
Please note that if you are under the age of 13, we would strongly recommend you to seek prior consent from a person with parental responsibility for you, e.g. your parent or guardian, who may contact our responsible Customer Service Officer at Contact us for using any services offered on the Website.
Type of personal data collected
For the purpose of carryinf on our business including sale and provision of our products and/or services (including relevant on-line services where applicable), the information that we collect include but is not limited to the following:
- your name;
- your delivery/service address, correspondence address and/or billing address;
- payment details including credit card information, bank account and other banking information;
- contact details, including contact name and fixed and mobile telephone number and email address;
- your preferences for particular products, services or your hobbies and leisure activities;
- a note or recording of a call that you made to our stores or hotlines;
- an email or letter you send to us ; and other records of any contact you have with us; and
- your account information, including but not limited to dates of payment.
In support of the provision of products and/or services by us-, information may be automatically collected by us on how you use our products and services, including but not limited to your searching, browsing history in the Website.
Transfer and disclosure of personal data
We will not sell, rent or trade to any third party any personal information and data (in whole or in part) obtained from you without your consent.
We agree to take all practicable steps to keep all your personal information and data confidential and/or undisclosed save and except under the following circumstances whereby the said information and data may be disclosed and/or transferred:
- to any third party suppliers or service providers who have been duly authorized by us to use the said information and/or data and who will facilitate our services;
- to marketing agents, consultants, affiliates or associates of us who have been duly authorized by us to use the said information and/or data;
- where we need to protect and defend our rights and property;
- where we consider we are required to do so in order to comply with the applicable laws and regulations; and
- where we deem necessary in order to maintain and improve our services.
By using the Website, you are deemed to have agreed to, consented to and authorized us to disclose and transfer your personal information and/or data under the circumstances stated above.
Links to other websites and social media platforms
You may wish to participate in the various social media platforms hosted by us. However, we do not accept any responsibility for any personal information that you share on such platforms that is subsequently used, misused or otherwise appropriated by another user.
Retention and storage of Personal Data
Protection of your personal information and data collected is our top priority. We will always strive to ensure that your personal information and data will be protected against unauthorised access. We have implemented appropriate electronic and managerial measures in order to safeguard, protect and secure your personal information and data.
All personal information and data provided by you will be SSL encrypted and transferred to our server or such other servers of third parties whom are duly authorised by us, and will be stored electronically with proper electronic password implementations. Such personal information and data are only accessible by our own or our authorised third party's authorised personnel, and such personnel shall be instructed to observe the terms of the Statement when accessing such personal information and data.
Please rest assured that your personal information and data will only be kept for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it is collected as mentioned in paragraph  above and for the purpose of satisfying our business (accounting and reporting) or legal requirements, but also to properly resolve disputes or to troubleshoot problems, unless you request us to cease to hold the same. Such request may render us unable to further provide our services, information and/or promotional materials for your benefit in the future.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. In addition, certain information may be stored indefinitely due to technical constraints, and will be blocked from further processing for purposes which are not mandatory by law. Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal data are available in our Data Retention Policy, which you can request from us by contacting us using the contact details set out below.
If you choose to unsubscribe from our newsletter or should your access to any of your memberships expire, your personal data will still be retained on our database to the extent permitted by law and in accordance with our Data Retention Policy.
We may use your Personal Data to keeping you updated of our latest offers or promotions or to conduct direct marketing of the following products and services (in respect of which we may or may not be remunernerated):
- all products or services offered by us;
- promotions, reward, loyalty or privileges programmes and related products and services; and
- products and services offered by our business partners; We will not so use your Personal Data unless we have received your consent to the said intended use. You may choose not to receive these promotional materials by informing us through the below contact details, and we will cease to do so, without charge.
We may provide the Personal Data collected to its external service providers (including but not limited to mailing houses, data processing companies and information technology companies) that we engage for the purposes set out above.
We will not so provide your Personal Data for the direct marketing purposes unless we have received your written consent to the aforesaid intended provision. We will also sign a non-disclosure agreement with such external service providers in order to prevent any unauthorized disclosure of the Personal Data.
Your Privacy Rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking the appropriate boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise that right at any time by contacting us.
We want to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. If you believe the information we hold is inaccurate or no longer current, please Contact us so that we can remove or correct the information as appropriate to exercise your rights. We will respond to your request(s) within 30 days after receiving the same wherever possible, free of charge for doing so. Upon receiving the aforesaid request(s) from you, we may request you to provide personal details in order to verify your identity.
If you are in the European Union or your data is processed by us in Hong Kong, UAE or China data protection legislation gives you rights to access information held about you and to rectify such information. Data protection laws in Hong Kong also give individuals certain rights to have personal information erased. If you wish to exercise your data privacy rights, make a complaint, ask a question or make a suggestion, please contact us as outlined below:
(a) In accordance with the terms of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (“the Ordinance”) and European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), and subject to exemptions specified in the Ordinance and GDPR, any customer:
- has the right to check whether we hold personal data about him or her and has a right to receive copies of such data;
- has the right to require us to correct any personal data relating to him or her which is inaccurate;
- has the right to ascertain our policies and practices in relation to personal data and to be informed of the kind of personal data held by us;
- has the right to restrict or withdraw processing of any personal data relation to him or her;
- has the right to object to any personal data relating to him or her being used for our marketing purposes;
- has the right to data portability with regards to their personal information; and
- has the right to lodge a complaint to a supervisory authority where their data have been processed in a way that does not comply with the GDPR.
(b) Requests for access to personal data, correction of personal data, information relating to the kind of data held and to stop receiving or re-start receiving direct marketing, may be made either:
Please identify yourself with your name, e-mail address and contact number when writing to us.
- in writing to: Satami Online : Flat A, 14/F, On Dak Industrial Building, 2-6 Wah Sing Street, Kwai Chung, N.T., Hong Kong.; or
- by completing the enquiry form at www.online-satami.com/contact.
Should you have any queries, please Contact us or write to us at the following address:
Satami International Limited
A, 14/F and A & B, 15/F, On Dak Industrial Building, 2-6 Wah Sing Street, Kwai Chung, N.T., Hong Kong.
We use the following cookies:
(a) Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website, which identify you as being logged in to our website, including secure areas and shopping baskets; remember information you have entered on orders forms when navigating to different pages during a web browser session, including the goods and services you ordered when you get to the checkout page; ensure that you connect to the right service on our website when we make any changes to the way the website works; route you to specific applications of a services, or specific servers.
Accepting these cookies is a condition of using the website, so if you prevent these cookies we can't guarantee your use of our website or how the security on our website will perform during your visit.
(b) Analytical/performance cookies: These cookies collect information on the visitors’ use of our website. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users find what they are looking for easily. Such cookies are used for, Web Analytics: To provide statistics on how our website is used; Ad Response Rates: To see how effective our advertisements are, including those pointing to our sites; Affiliate Tracking: To provide feedback to partners that one of our visitors also visited their website. This can include details of any products purchased; Error Management: To help us improve the website by measuring any errors that occur; Content Management: To help optimize the delivery of certain media, such as video.
By using our site, you accept the use of “Performance” cookies. Accepting these cookies is a condition of using the website, so if you prevent them we cannot guarantee how our site will perform for you.
(c) Functionality cookies: such cookies are to improve your visit experience, such as: tracking you whether you have visited our website before; remembering settings you have applied in our website, in order to personalize our content for you to improve your visit experience when you return; remembering if we've already asked you if you want to fill in a survey; allowing us to determine unique users across multiple browsing sessions but not devices.
(d) Targeting cookies:These are cookies that are used to deliver content that best suits you and your interests. It can be used for targeted advertising / offers, limiting ad serving or measuring the effectiveness of a promotional campaign. We may use these cookies to remember the sites you visit, in order to determine which e-marketing channels are more efficient and allow us to reward partners and external websites.
These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed, so we can deliver a more personalised service to you in the future.
You can control whether or not these cookies are used, but preventing them may prevent us from offering you some services or targeted advertising.
We may use online identification technologies from marketing partners, third-party sites and social media platforms. These technologies help us measure the efficacy of our marketing and awareness campaigns and to understand how visitors navigate to the Websites from our ad. We may use these technologies to compile statistics about visitors who interact with the Websites and other Satami online content, to gauge the effectiveness of our ads, and to provide more pertinent information to our visitors.
If you receive electronic mailings from us, we use technologies that track certain actions. We receive information that shows who opens our electronic mailings and whether links embedded in those mailings have been clicked on. This information helps us understand the effectiveness of the mailings and we may use the information to contact you about other events or services which in your areas of interest.
Many browsers permit individuals who are concerned about cookies to decline them. In most cases, you may refuse or delete one or more cookies and still access our Websites, but the functionality of the sites you want to visit may be impaired. You may delete cookies from your system after you finish browsing our Websites if you wish to do so, unless you have registered with the relevant site as you must accept certain cookies in order for your registration to work. You may delete cookies once you terminate your registration.
- Strictly necessary cookies: Opencart
- Analytical/Performance and Targeting cookies: Google Tag Manager, Google Adwords, Google Analytics, Mailchimp
- Functionality cookies: PayPal, Paydollar
updated June 2018